Setting a Grade
How do I set a grade on a laser?
Imex have 3 models of manual grade lasers and also an auto dial- in grade for the setting of slopes. There is single or dual grade up to 10% and all models come with a remote control for easy set-up without touching the unit. Ideal for concreters making a fall or setting a slope on a concrete slab or for landscapers or plumbers needing to get a slope to a stormwater pit. Also great for plumbers setting a fall on gutters.
Setting a grade laser general steps
Set up laser level at either the high end or low end of the section to be sloped, with X or Y directly in line with the other end.
- Allow the level to autolevel as per standard setup.
- Measure out 10m from the centre of the unit in the X or Y direction and set detector as per standard detector levelling setup.
- Press slope mode on the laser unit to activate level unlocking and press X or Y- whichever one you want to set up first or in the event of a single grade laser press Y.
- Reset the detector on the staff, up or down as the case may be to suit the slope direction, to the required amount using a grade slope table. 100mm at 10m equals 1%.
- Press the slope arrow on the laser level keypad or remote in the same direction that you have reset the detector.
- Keep pressing the arrow button until the laser beam picks up the detector centre datum point again and then stop.
- Everything in that direction will now be at the slope that you have set; ie move from the laser 150m in that direction and the beam will continue to be at that slope.
- If a dual slope is required, set the laser level up initially diagonally opposite form the point of the pit or dual fall point. Set X first then follow the same steps with Y.
- To reset the grade to level, either turn unit off or slope mode off.