Laser Focus on the future……
The federal budget handed down this month by the Morrison government has taken a very responsible approach to getting the country back to its feet after the devastating effect of the pandemic.
Despite leaving the country in debt for years to come, which is an unavoidable, knock-on from the abrupt economic downturn; the government is rightly spending money to turn the economy around with the least amount of pain for everyone.
Key take-away’s for the construction sector that will help spur on growth are:
- Tax cuts for almost all workers.
- Asset write-off for almost all businesses.
- Increases in the number that can apply for First Home Loan Deposits.
- Increased infrastructure building strategically targeted right across the country.
- Schemes to increase incentives to take on apprentices.
This is a pro-active, confidence boosting budget for businesses, designed to regenerate jobs growth and get money flowing back into the economy in a responsible manner.